If you are unlucky enough to end up in a car crash, then, if you are able (where you are not too badly injured), you would be well advised to get as much details/facts as you can.
For example =
1. take down insurance company details for all cars – this should be found on the insurance disc, displayed in the cars windscreen.
2. get the name, address and phone number of all drivers – not just the car driver that you think is responsible for the accident.
3. get the name, address and phone number of all witnesses.
4. get the name and Garda station of the investigating Garda.
5. use your mobile fone to take photos of the scene, the car reg numbers, insurance discs. if you are unable, maybe someone could help you.
an advice note relating to those in car accidents by Holland Condon Solicitors in Kilkenny